Our program has been enhanced with the help of Ella over the last few months. She has served as temporary support for our busy summer and it has been a pleasure to have her as a therapy horse for our program. Just for fun, we’ve spent some time talking with Ella’s owner, Kim Juergen, to get some fun facts to share. Here is what Kim had to say…
- Ella recently turned 6 years old.
- Kim has owned her since she was about 3 months old.
- She is actually a paint horse, although she doesn’t have any spots.
- Ella is the type of horse that will do anything and go anywhere for you.
- She shows little fear, is incredibly willing, and flexible.
- Ella has been successful on the extreme trail course and the beach.
- She has been a dressage horse for the last 3 years.
- She needed months of treatment on her left eye after some horses bumped her into a tree. Thankfully she didn’t lose her eye and recovered successfully.
- Fun story – Kim explained: “When Ella was around 4 years old, we were at an important dressage show. We were right in the middle of a class and a bird flew out in the arena. Not far behind, a cat came running in after it. About 8 women jumped into the arena to try and handle the situation with the cat and the bird. The entire time, Ella never missed a beat. She stayed focused and we continued with the class despite all of the commotion. We ended up finishing with a great score. And… the bird lived!”
Ella will continue boarding at Rusty Spurs Ranch so you may have the opportunity to see her on occasion. Thank you to Kim for allowing Renew to incorporate her into our program for the summer and, of course, thank you to Ella for her time serving our riders! Stay tuned for more information regarding our other therapy horses in the near future.